What is the process of moving out of state with a child of 8yrs of age

Would like to move to Texas with my sister, i have joint custody but my child is physically placed with me, my son’s father didn’t even let me talk about it when i tried telling him about the move.I’m not sure what i should do or what i would need to persuade the court to grant me the move.