Directions to Our Office from Apponaug
5 Fun Facts About Apponaug, RI
- “Apponaug is a neighborhood in central Warwick, Rhode Island, situated on Apponaug Cove, a tributary to Greenwich Bay and nearby Narragansett Bay.” Wikipedia
- Roger Williams noted that the Native Americans called the place, “Oppenenauchack,” which he defined as meaning, “oyster” because shellfish were plentiful there. As early as 1663, there is reference to Apponaug by early writers.
- Apponoag contains the Warwick Civic Center Historic District which includes Warwick City Hall, the Henry Warner Budlong Memorial Library, and the Kentish Artillery Armory.
- Apponaug is the birthplace of George S. Greene, Union Army general and noted engineer.
- A short distance south from the Greene Memorial house to Apponaug Bridge takes you to what was once a thriving seaport and the area then known as “Judges Row,” where Judge Henry Remington of the RI Supreme Court lived in what became Remington House restaurant.
To come to our office from Apponaug follow the below directions or click on “More options” in the map for alternate routes.
6 min (2.6 miles)
via Post Rd and Jefferson Blvd
Warwick City Hall
3275 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 02886
Head east on Post Rd toward Colonial Ave
Continue onto RI-117 E
Turn left toward Post Rd
Use any lane to turn slightly left onto Post Rd
At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit and stay on Post Rd
Pass by Domino’s Pizza (on the left in 0.5 mi)
Continue straight onto Jefferson Blvd
Destination will be on the left
Carl P. DeLuca, Attorney at Law, LLC
631 Jefferson Blvd, Warwick, RI 02886